As a busy mom of four, I know how hard it can be to keep your house organized and running smoothly. If you’re like me, you want your home to be a place of peace and calm, but with so many people under one roof, that’s not always easy to achieve. Thankfully, there are some tricks I’ve learned over the years that have helped me keep my large family organized.
Tips for organizing a large family home
If you are like me and have a large family, you know that being organized is key to keeping your sanity. Here are some tips that have worked well for me. Hope they help you too!
- Make a list of what needs to be done each day and work from that list. This will help keep you focused and on track.
- Set up specific areas for each activity (homework, art projects, toy storage, etc.). This will create a more conducive environment for completing the task at hand.
- Utilize a timer when needed. This can be helpful when needing to complete a task in a short amount of time.
- Make a weekly cleaning schedule and stick to it.
- Create designated areas for each person in the house to put their belongings when they’re finished using them.
- Have a rule that whoever makes the mess cleans it up (or helps clean it up).
One way to stay organized is to keep a family calendar. This can be done online or in a physical planner. Write down everyone’s activities and appointments to know what needs to be done and when. You can also use the calendar to plan fun family activities together.
Another organization tip for busy moms is to create a chore chart. Assign each member of the family-specific tasks that need to be completed each day or week. This will help take some of the burdens off you and ensure that everyone is helping out around the house.
Finally, make sure to schedule some time for yourself! Whether taking a yoga class, going for a run, or just reading a book, carve out some time each week to do something that you enjoy. You deserve it!
How do you keep a house clean as a big family?
Keeping a house clean as a big family can be a challenge. Here are some tips that may help:
- Schedule some time each day for everyone to help with chores.
- Put away toys and clothes as soon as you’re done using them.
- Teach kids how to clean up after themselves properly.
- Don’t wait until the house is a mess to start cleaning it.
It doesn’t have to be challenging to keep a tidy home with everyone pitching in. Your big family can live happily and cleanly together by following these tips! Schedule, put away, teach, don’t wait, pitch in. These are all great tips for keeping a house clean with a big family!